What artwork can be made by clay? Ceramic art is art made from ceramic materials, including clay. It may take forms including artistic pottery, including tableware, tiles, figurines and other sculpture. As one of the plastic arts, ceramic art is one of the visual arts.
What can I make with clay for beginners?
- Spoons. Colorful ceramic spoons are an ideal project for beginners.
- Pinch Pot Bowl. Pinch pots are easy things to make with clay.
- Wheel-Thrown Mug. This mug was made by student Lee Maclennan for The Art of Ceramics: Creating a Modern Mug.
- Hand-Coiled Mug.
- Cartoon Snake.
What should I make out of clay?
- Clay Flower Pot. Think small and an indoor plant.
- Clay Flower Vase. Get creative with shapes and sizes.
- Clay Coffee Mug.
- Clay Wall Art.
- Clay Pencil Holder.
- Clay Bowl / Clay Plate.
- Clay Soap Dish.
- Clay Paperweight.
Which clay is used for clay art? Plasticine clay is one of the more popular types of sculpting clay as it remains soft and workable so you can work for long periods, unlike other clay types like the water-based options.